Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Forex Trading-Making Money With Woodie's CCI

Forex Trading-Making Money With Woodie's CCI

Ken Wood is a unique man. He's a successful trader as I'm sure you know. He runs a website (I don't remember the address, just Google his name). It's a huge community of traders all trading his style--Woodie's CCI. Even better it's all free.

Well, I will admit that I tried to trade Woodie's CCI method. I couldn't make it work for me. However, I think that was mostly because I disagreed with him about some fundamental issues, not because his method didn't work.

For example, did you know that Ken recommends that you don't look at price at all? To quote him, "You don't need no stinkin' price!" Furthermore Ken maintains that the CCI is a leading indicator. (No such thing exists, but that's another story.)

So I just couldn't swallow all that. However, it obviously works. Thousands of traders converge on his website to trade together all day and night.

Now, if you can't look at price, just how does Woodie make his profits? He actually has about six patterns (his favorite is the ghost), that you need to learn to see in the CCI itself. No, I'm not kidding!

I believe he sort of invented a new form of technical analysis. That is finding patterns on indicator. The only problem is it's not a leading indicator. If there was such a thing as a leading indicator, that would be equivalent to saying that some mathematical formula knows the future. Really?




forex trading short term strategy

No comments:

Post a Comment